Barrier Breakers is a series of knowledge exchange events that will help attendees make connections, share key learnings and promote opportunities to nurture creativity and innovation – for both creatives and businesses that are just starting out, or looking to grow.
The first event, Talent Scout, focuses on championing creative and tech talent from underrepresented backgrounds to ensure that support is directed where it is truly needed.
Expect a jam-packed day of live panel discussions, round tables, keynote speeches and workshops covering topics like:
- How to recruit diverse talent
- What does diversity mean for business growth and innovation?
- Connecting with audiences that are underrepresented in the creative and tech industries
- Supporting and retaining the best talent
- Tips and tricks for getting noticed
- A young person looking to break into a creative and tech career?
- An entrepreneur looking for support to start up or grow your business?
- An established employer looking for advice on diversifying your team and recruiting the best talent?
- Part of the teams already delivering Stride’s projects?
If so, this event will offer exciting networking opportunities, as well as a chance to gain new skills and knowledge. Expect a virtual space for people from all sides of the industry to share advice and promote progress.
Speakers will include ERIC, Word on the Curb and UK Black Tech.
This event will take place on Swapcard, an online event platform that connects attendees in real-time. This event is aimed at adults ages 18+