High Street Hero – People’s Choice
Recognising businesswomen who help to keep our town centres, shopping districts and local communities unique.
Our independent retailers, cafes and restaurants are a key driver of the local economy and contribute to the vibrancy and social fabric of our town centres.
The High Street Hero award – which is voted for by the public – is to celebrate female-run businesses on our high streets that continue to showcase innovation and help to keep our town centres, shopping districts and local communities unique.
Eligible businesses for this category include market traders, independent retailers, health/leisure businesses, hair and beauty salons.
We are looking for a high street business that has a proven record of contributing towards the success of their high street/shopping district. The businesswoman will be an active member of their community, helping to drive footfall to their business and neighbouring businesses through creativity and passion.
Your submission form should provide examples of:
- How the nominee provides a quality product or service
- Good value for money and a great customer experience evidenced by public support
- How the business is helping the high street or town centre to thrive
Briefly describe (up to 400 words) the nominee’s successful business performance, growth, and achievements since 1st January 2020, explaining why the achievements you have highlighted are unique or significant. Please include the nominee’s website and social media handles.
Public voting: Once opened the nominee with the most votes will be crowned overall winner of the category.
We want to hear from you about your favourite, female run high street businesses. You may only vote for one nominee in this category. Scores in the People’s Choice category will be determined by both the entry form (30%) and number of public votes (70%).
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be based in the London Borough of Wandsworth.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right to check the information contained in the nomination.
- By entering the awards, you agree to partake in publicity of the awards, including the use of any images taken.
- Finalists will receive one complimentary ticket and a discounted ticket for the Women’s Enterprise Day 2024 event. Finalists must be available to attend the awards presentation.
- The Council reserves the right to retain entries, photographs and filming from the Women’s Enterprise Day event for subsequent publication.