Prior to the current economic climate, many people had not heard of the term furlough, but this term is now being spoken about across the globe. The term furlough means a leave of absence. So in reference to the Coronavirus crisis, this means that instead of laying off staff during this troubling period, employers have the option of ‘furloughing’. This is advocated by the government and the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
One in four UK workers, or more than nine million people, are expected to be furloughed during the Coronavirus crisis, as businesses struggle to survive.
Those on furlough need to adjust to this significant change. This is the time, more than ever, to discover the power of learning new skills to enhance your resilience. Resilience is not just your ability to bounce back, but also your capacity to adapt in the face of challenging circumstances, while maintaining a healthy mental wellbeing. This means transforming your mindset by recognising opportunities for growth and development.
The UpSkill Digital team have put together a free live session, which will focus on enabling furloughed workers and leaders of furloughed workers to survive and thrive in these unprecedented times.
This 45-minute, high-impact session will outline the essentials needed to hit the ground running and support your wellbeing and learning culture while being furloughed.
By joining this free live session, you will:
- Understand the importance of team engagement and how it links to retention, satisfaction and performance
- Comprehend the link between lifelong learning and team engagement
- Understand how digital can support lifelong learning with remote and furloughed teams
- Be able to identify the link between learning new skills, mental wellbeing and resilience
- Discover where and how people can learn new skills
- Identify the opportunities for mindset and skillset growth whilst on furlough and how digital can support this
Register for this free webinar here.