11:00 – 16:00
1-1 Meet the Funder Sessions
Workshops on ‘How to pitch for finance’, ‘Managing cashflow’ and ‘How to generate additional revenue streams’ take place 11.15-4pm. Book your spot here
This is your opportunity to receive tailored advice from a funder/finance expert about how to access finance for your business or discuss any cashflow/finance issues you may be facing. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. Book your 30 minute sessions with representatives from:
Arts Council England – Kim Macari
Book your session with Kim Macari to find out funding from the Arts Council; which grants are available to you and if you are eligible to apply. This session is for individual artists and practitioners, community and cultural organisations, museums and libraries.
The Wandsworth Grant Fund (WGF) provides all small grants (£500 to £10,000) for community and voluntary sector organisations in the borough to undertake activities for up to 12 months.
They aim to support projects under the following themes:
- Arts and culture
- Environment and attractive neighbourhoods
- Children and young people
- Citizenship and civic engagement
- Achieving aspirations and potential
- Health and wellbeing
- Support around the cost of living and recovering from the impact of COVID-19*
365 Business Finance provides revenue-based finance from £10k to £400k to UK businesses. Funding can be used for any purpose, including buying stock, refurbishment, expanding your services or premises, paying bills, or simply keeping on top of cashflow. Typical businesses funded include: Pubs and bars, cafes, restaurants, high street retailers, ecommerce businesses, healthy and beauty businesses, MOT garages, convenience stores, dentists and florists.
This session is for businesses that take at least £10k per month in card sales and have been trading for at least six months.
Crowd2Fund – Muneeb Ajmal
Crowd2Fund helps SMEs get the financing they need to grow through their community of like-minded investors interested in investing in budding businesses. They offer finance from £25,00- and their funding options include; loans, revenue financing, equity funding, venture debt and donation crowdfunding services.
Creative England – Nick Cavander
Creative Growth Finance is a landmark fund providing vital scale up finance to creative businesses. It provides loans, equity investment, mentoring and connections to new markets tailored to the individual needs of creative businesses with an ambition to grow. This session is for creative businesses.
The Government’s Start Up Loan can provide you with funding and support for your business during a crucial time. Designed for small businesses that have been trading for under two years, a Start Up Loan is a flexible and affordable loan scheme, which also provides 12 months free mentoring.
Book your session to find out:
- How a Start Up Loan can benefit your business
- What you need to do to apply
QEST – Katy Neusten/Louise Rains
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST) is a charity that supports the training and education of talented and aspiring makers by funding college courses, vocational one-to-one training with a master craftsperson, bespoke programmes of short courses, or apprenticeships.
This session will provide you with an opportunity to find out more about their three main funding schemes for professional makers:
- Scholarships of up to £18,000 for established makers,
- Emerging Maker Grants of up to £10,000 for makers who have been practicing typically 4 years or less, and
- Apprenticeship funding of up to £12,000 to support an apprentice’s salary at a micro-craft business.
You’ll gain a stronger understanding of what QEST supports and how to complete a successful application.
Applications open twice a year, with the next round from mid-January to mid-February 2024. qest.org.uk
Newable – UK Export Finance – Richard Hill
In this session, Richard Hill, Head of Asset Based Lending at Newable you can find out more about:
*UK Export Finance via Newable; Asset Based Lending (ABL); Invoice Finance; Factoring, Trade Finance; purchase order finance and general access to finance advice.
*For exporters with a 2-3 year track record of exporting looking for finance of up to £300,000 (UK Export Finance Loans) and should be UK based.
Tax File – Guy Bridger
Book your session with local accountant and tax adviser, Guy Bridger to discuss:
- Business planning
- Managing your business cashflow for growth
- How to Prevent Cashflow Crisis
- How to prepare your tax return
NatWest – Rochelle Tomlin and John Feldmanis
Book a session for an informal and confidential chat about your business ambitions, challenges or concerns such as:
- Validating your business idea and how to take it forward
- Business plan review
- Funding options for your business
- How to access finance for your business
- Cashflow management
Finance advice for your business – Julie Wong, Finance and business mentor
13:30 – 15:00
This session is for founders who want to better understand the finances in their business.
Topics covered include:
- An Introduction to finance for Start Ups
- Growth strategy
- Budgeting – planning & forecasting
- Business plans, – overall business or strategic initiatives
- Organisation processes and structure, finances
- Strategic financial management/ bigger picture
- Understanding Taxes
Struggling with your energy bills?
Book a session with Toby Costin to discuss/find out about:
- Government grants that may be available to businesses
- Pay as you save finance schemes for products like LED lighting and heating controls
- Third party funded solar PV models
- Tips to cut bills and reduce carbon
- Advice on low cost technologies that also lower your bills
- Introduction to new technologies with rapid paybacks
- Free energy surveys for businesses that have a physical marketplace
- one-to-one calls for online businesses and those working from home
Big Issue Invest – Holger Westphely
Big Issue Invest is one the UK’s leading providers of finance to social enterprises, community organisations, charities and businesses that are socially-driven.
It offers loans and investments from £20,000, which can be used for working capital, buying equipment and hiring new taent. Book your session with Holger Westphely, Head of Lending Head to find out how they can help you.
Aimed at: Social enterprises, Charities or Community Interest Company’s.